PLEASE READ HELPFUL tips before APPLYING
PROFESSIONAL EMAIL ADDRESS
Applicants will need have an email address to apply. If you do not have an email address, you can create a Gmail or yahoo account for free. Email addresses should be professional, and may include the student’s first and last name. Applicants will be responsible for checking their email for updates.
USERNAME AND PASSWORD
Returning applicants: Applicants will need to login using the username and password previously created to submit an application. Please click “Forgot Username” or “Reset Password” for assistance, if necessary.
New applicants: Applicants will need to create a username and password to submit an application. The username can be a combination of letters and numbers, and should be similar to the email address. Passwords should be unique and easy to remember. Passwords should contain each of the following: capital letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and special symbols or characters.
CHOOSING A PROGRAM
Applicants will be considered for ONE PROGRAM ONLY, and are not eligible to be considered for both programs. Applicants should carefully consider all requirements for each program before submitting an application. For more information about the Memphis Ambassadors Program, click here. For more information about the MPLOY Youth Summer Experience, click here.
After submitting an application, applicants can use the created username and password to update personal information on their profile. However, to change information on the application, applicants must contact MOYS at MOYSmgmt@memphistn.gov. Changing profile information will not automatically change information on an application.
Before submitting an application, applicants are encouraged to proofread and verify that all the information submitted is true and correct.
GATHER YOUR DOCUMENTS
If you are selected through the Lottery, you will be required to bring a COPY of the following Required Documents below during the Verification Process. You are required to make a copy of ALL documents for MOYS records prior to attending. Copies will NOT be made at the time of submitting documents. MOYS will NOT accept documents through email or mail.
The required documents are as follows:
- Birth Certificate: You can request a copy of your birth certificate from the Health Department in the county where you were born.
- Social Security Card: You can request a social security card by going to your local US Social Security Administration. Note: Requesting a new or replacement social security card could take weeks for processing. MOYS will NOT accept application receipts from the Social Security Administration.
- Photo Identification: You can get a state-issued photo identification card from your local DMV. Alternatively, MOYS will accept a US Passport, military ID, or a CURRENT school ID. Your photo identification card MUST include a current photo. No other forms of ID will be accepted.
- Letter of Recommendation: You can download the MOYS Letter of Recommendation form here or by going to http://cityofmemphisyouth.org/moys/forms. ONLY School officials, administrators, or teachers are authorized to sign the Letter of Recommendation Form and MUST include the school’s official seal or stamp.
- Proof of residency: MOYS will ONLY accept a mortgage statement, lease agreement, utility bill, or phone/cable bill and can include the name of the parent/legal guardian. The proof of residency document MUST be within the last 60 days and reflect the current address where the applicant resides. No other types of residency documents will be accepted.
- Proof of education: For the Memphis Ambassadors Program (MAP), applicants MUST submit their most recent report card, which reflects their current GPA of 2.5 or higher. For the MPLOY Youth Summer Experience, applicants MUST submit a report card, progress report, or transcript for the CURRENT school year.