FOR BUSINESS PARTNERS
As a partner of the MPLOY Youth Summer Experience, you will be committing to hire a minimum of ten (10) young people in entry level positions for six weeks. In an effort to ensure accuracy of records, both compensation and employee hours will be handled by the City of Memphis Office of Youth Services. Please note the important information below:
The following criteria must be met BEFORE students are assigned to your worksite:
- Interested host employers must complete the online application for MPLOY Business Partners.
- All work locations must be inspected by a MPLOY staff representative.
- Prospective MPLOY Business Partners must complete worksite agreement with MPLOY staff.
- Worksite supervisors or support staff must attend the worksite orientation provided by MPLOY staff.
- Job Descriptions for students under the age of 18 must be in accordance with Tennessee Child Labor Laws.
Once your application is submitted, you will be contacted within 3-5 business days to schedule a worksite visit. Once a site visit has been conducted, we will review your application.
Finally, all approved host employers will be expected to provide your assigned youth workers with an on-site orientation on their first day of work. You will be provided with a guide to assist you in administering this orientation. Once a youth is assigned to a job they will be expected to attend their worksite daily and to follow all rules established by their employer.
It is important to note that completing this application DOES NOT guarantee placement of youth at your worksite.
Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to you joining this citywide effort to make the summer of 2017 a safe and productive season.
Please contact the Office of Youth Services with any further questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.